My Tackle the Day Survival Kit - Sammy Makes Six

My Tackle the Day Survival Kit

I received compensation from Aleve to write this post. All opinions are entirely my own. #NeverBackDown #Aleve #CollectiveBias #advertisement

To say that life is busy, is an understatement. As you all know, or in case you're new to this blog: I am a mom, grandma, entrepreneur, mom of 6 pets, caretaker to my mother, and chauffeur to the whole family. My days start pretty early and can end as late as after midnight, especially when my days are so long that my work gets left behind. Hey, life wouldn't be life if I wasn't belting out a deadline on my computer in the middle of the night.

But like most women in this world, I can handle it. There might be days that I am a little worse for wear, those days that really knock one down, but for the most part I get up the next day ready to do it all over again.

One of my secrets for being able to tackle the day and survive intact is to carry everything I need with me. Today I am sharing what is in my current Tackle the Day Survival Kit (aka my bag).

As any smart mom or busy woman on-the-go, we all know the power of our purse, and the importance of making sure everything we'll need throughout the day is in it. I have another bag filled with my work essentials: laptop, mouse, chargers, etc. But in my handbag I carry everything else I will need:



  • My comfy new scarf because 5:00AM drop offs are so cold - this also makes a great pillow if I happen to pass out waiting for the kids to get out of school
  • My card holder with one credit card and pre-loaded coffee card




  • Snacks that won't make me get the jitters
  • My refillable water bottle - less waste and I can even add ice!




  • Aleve Back & Muscle Pain Tablets 

I put my whole self into each day and I'm not going to let back and muscle pain sideline me. On those days when my back is killing me, I turn to Aleve Back & Muscle Pain.


Aleve Back & Muscle Pain offers all day pain relief so I can overcome my tough pain and put my whole self into each day. With a one-pill dose, Aleve helps me power through the day and allows me to live life without that awful backache pain that creeps into my life more and more as I get older.


Aleve Back & Muscle Pain is now available at Walmart. Only Aleve offers up to 12 hours of pain relief in just 1 pill*. All Day Strong, All Day long. *Among leading OTC brands, based on minimum labelled dosing. Use as Directed. For occasional sleeplessness associated with minor pain try Aleve PM.

I have noted down the rebate offer which is currently available for a $5 Walmart eGift Card and a super fun sweepstakes you can also take part in with your purchase.

To claim rebate: purchase two (2) Aleve products (80ct or larger) at any retailer between 9/15/18-10/31/18 on a single receipt, and text ALEVE to 555888 to receive submission instructions. Rebate: one (1) $5 Walmart eGift Card. Rebate offer valid 9/15/18-10/31/18, while supplies last. Limit one rebate per person. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery. eGift Card subject to printed terms. Reply STOP to unsubscribe or HELP for help. 4 messages per month. Msg & Data rates may apply.


NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Sweepstakes starts on 9/15/18 and ends 10/31/18, Legal residents of the 50 US/DC 18+. Void where prohibited. See Official Rules https://neverbackdownrules.pgtb.me/6SMMd8. Visit https://neverbackdown.pgtb.me/GRxbhS to enter. Legal residents of 50 US/DC only, 18 years of age or older. Click the banner to visit the sweepstakes page.


Life is busy and each day is another test in perseverance and patience but I have zero complaints. I know that I am actually very lucky to be able to work from home so that I am able to be here for my kids, my grandchildren, my mom and all of our pets. I am: the prescription runner, the "I forgot my homework" dropper-offer (is that a word?) and I could not be happier about it. After all...my aches and pains are covered with Aleve Back & Muscle Pain and Aleve PM for those occasional nights that the pain interrupts my sleep.