Easy & Yummy Dessert | Fried Plantains w/ Sweet Condensed Milk - Sammy Makes Six

Easy & Yummy Dessert | Fried Plantains w/ Sweet Condensed Milk

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CreateWithOil #CollectiveBias

One of our favorite things to do during the summer is visit the San Diego County Fair (aka the Del Mar Fair to San Diego natives). And you probably don't have to guess what my very favorite part of the fair is do you? It's the FOOD! I love me a good funnel cake covered in strawberries and powdered sugar, cotton candy, the fried everything! Yes, I am a fan of fair foods and thought I am not talented enough to be able to make my own funnel cake at home, I can definitely enjoy another one of my favorite treats that you can usually find at Mexican fairs, fried plantains. 

Fried plantains are delicious and they are really easy to make. I think that's my favorite part of this recipe, as long as you have some sweet condensed milk in the pantry, some chocolate syrup and a few plantains around, you can make this delicious treat in under 15 minutes. 


For my recipe I used LouAna Peanut Oil which I purchased at Ralphs. Peanut oil has a high smoke point, creating a surface seal that locks the food’s natural moisture allowing the steam to cook the food from the inside out. The result is a delicate, golden crispy outside and a juicy, tasty inside and with LouAna Peanut oil, you can be sure that your favorite fried dishes will be crispy, crunchy to perfection! That’s because LouAna is the #1 Brand of Peanut Oil in the country!

Lou Ana was born in Opelousas, Louisiana in 1820, a place where the food is an elemental expression of love, flavor and family. With over 14 different types of cooking oil, LouAna has the perfect oil for all of your cooking needs whether its sautéing, deep frying or baking, LouAna helps every type of cook put the best dish on the table each and every time.

Fried Plantains w/ Sweet Condensed Milk

1 plantain per serving
2tbsp sweet condensed milk
2tbsp chocolate syrup
whipped cream

Directions:
I really enjoy the true flavor of plantains, for my recipe we are not coating them with sugar or cinnamon powder. The only thing you have to do is slice the plantains while the oil begins to heat. When oil is hot carefully place the pieces into the oil and fry until browned (they will feel tender) and place on paper towel to drain the excess oil.


These are best enjoyed warm so plate and serve quickly. 



Place one plantain on each plate.


Drizzle with sweet condensed milk.



Drizzle with chocolate syrup.



Add a dollop of whipped cream.


And, top with a cherry if you're feeling extra. 



Delicious and so satisfying when you're craving something sinfully delicious. This is also a great recipe to make in large batches for summer parties. For a party I would serve these in small bowls and wax paper to give them more of a "summer-at-the-fair" feel. 

If you've never tried fried plantains before I highly suggest you give this simple recipe a try. And don't forget to pick up LouAna Peanut Oil at your local Ralphs, Kroger or other Kroger banner stores. 


Bang out those chicken and waffles or that succulent funnel cake for your friends and family, with LouAna Peanut Oil you’ll have full flavor food every time you cook.