Grape Salad with Chipotle Dressing - Sammy Makes Six

Grape Salad with Chipotle Dressing

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LiveForFlavor #VivaLaMorena #AddFlavor #CollectiveBias

New Year's Eve is only two weeks away and just like everybody else I am already looking forward to celebrating the night with family and loved ones. New Year's Eve is a night that we all get together to commemorate the passing year and to welcome the new one with all of our loves ones around us. Of course, one of the best ways that we celebrate as a Mexican family is with plenty of food. As with most Mexican families, most of the dishes that we will enjoy on New Year's Eve are our tried and true traditional ones: tamales, champurrado, buñuelos, posole, etc. We will also be having a few new dishes that are in the process of being "tested out" to see if the family likes them so they can become part of our menu in the future. One of those new recipes is the one I will be sharing with you today, a recipe that involves the grape, which is a very popular food to eat on New Year's Eve.


When eating out, my favorite dressing to get with many of my meals is always Chipotle dressing. Chipotle just gives any dish that spicy and smoky flavor that reminds me of my moms cooking and I love adding it to everything from a sub sandwich, to a plate of carnitas. I've always been a huge lover of sweet and savory dishes, so when it came time to plan the grape salad, I knew that this year I wanted to spice it up by adding my favorite dressing. 


Making your own chipotle dressing at home is actually really easy, and it's something great to have in the refrigerator at all times because it is so full of flavor you will want to serve it with many dishes. To make my own dressing, I started by picking out some staples at Walmart: La Morena® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo and Knorr® Chicken Flavor Bouillon Granulated Bouillon - 2.2 lbs. Both of these products are located in the Hispanic Aisle at Walmart. 

La Morena® and Knorr® provide me with Quality and Flavor I can count on yesterday, today and tomorrow. La Morena® peppers and Knorr® Bullion are truly products that we trust, have used for years because they  are high in quality, with ingredients I can depend on to create delicious meals that bring my friends and family together during this special holiday season. Whenever I am planning my holiday menu, these are two of the staples that will help me give the best for my family.


Chipotle dressing:
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sour cream
Juice of 1/2 lime
Chunk of Queso Fresco
3 tbsp La Morena® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo sauce
1/2 tbsp Knorr® Chicken Flavor Bouillon Granulated Bouillon

Mix sour cream, lime juice, Knorr® Chicken Flavor Bouillon Granulated BouillonLa Morena® Chipotle Peppers in Adobo and water into a bowl and stir by hand until blended. Pour into a serving container.
Grape Salad: 
Mixture of red and green grapes, about 1 cup of each
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 chunk of queso fresco 

Mix: grapes, walnuts and celery in a bowl. Crumble queso fresco on top. Serves 4.

Lastly, pour the creamy chipotle dressing on top. 


Chill and serve cold. 


I kept my grape salad very simple for this spicy version, just giving it another Mexian touch with the addition of queso fresco, but you can add whatever other ingredients your family will enjoy. This is dish you can definitely get very creative with and that will probably evolve each time you make. 


The simplicity of a grape salad is now transformed into something different that is full of sabores Latinos, a little bit spicy and very yummy. 


On New Year's Eve my guests can choose to enjoy their grapes solo or with some Chipotle dressing. I have a feeling that the grape salad with chipotle dressing will be most popular. 

Provecho y feliz año nuevo friends! May 2017 be the best year yet when it comes to everything including great food with a ton of sabor. La Morena® and Knorr® LIVE FOR FLAVOR® and so do we!