Less Cooking & More Eating This Holiday Season - Sammy Makes Six

Less Cooking & More Eating This Holiday Season

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CelebraConNestle #CollectiveBias


As the holiday season pushes on I am ever grateful for my local Walmart and the fact that I live only blocks away from it. It's so convenient for me year-round but especially during the super-busy holiday season. So whether I am running late and have nothing to make for dinner, or we have a holiday event like a get together, posada or Dia de Los Reyes gathering, I know I can run in and grab what I need to get the crew feed, fast and easy.



One of our favorites, that always happens to live in our freezer is STOUFFER'S® Party Size Lasagna. This has seriously been a favorite of ours for years and it's a great option for those busy nights during the holiday season when I would rather be enjoying time with loved ones instead of cooking. Find STOUFFER'S® Party Size Lasagna in the freezer aisle at Walmart.



This party sized lasagna is delicious, and the best part is that it's ready to go, just throw it in the oven. While it's cooking you can prepare a salad, some garlic bread, or a yummy Mexican fruit salad that I am sharing below.

This is one of my favorite recipes ever: it's a great way to incorporate fruit into a meal, it's sinfully delicious and it allows me to bring a little piece of my heritage to the dinner table. Bionicos originated in Guadalajara, Mexico, where I lived as a child and where my family continues to live in Mexico.



Bionico (serves 4-6)
2-3 diced pears
2-3 diced apples
2 diced oranges
2 diced kiwis
1/2 cup of shredded coconut
1/2 cup of granola
1/4 cup of raisins
1/2 can of La Lechera Sweetened Condensed Milk

For this recipe I will use whatever fruits I find on sale at Walmart that week - there is usually quite a nice selection to pick from. Other fruits that are perfect in a bionico are: grapes, bananas, melon, watermelon, papaya, etc. Really, it's any fruit that is either in season, ripe or on sale.



All you have to do is wash and cut all of your selections and place into a large container.



If your kids have a favorite fruit, make sure to add some in! My granddaughter loves kiwis.



Once you have placed all of the diced fruit into a bowl/container, it's time to drizzle in the sweet condensed milk. I will use about 1/3 to 1/2 of a can, depending on how much fruit we have. I add enough to add some sweetness to the fruit but not completely overwhelm their flavors.



Plate into individual bowls.



And top generously with shredded coconut, granola and raisins.



Again, this recipe is super easy to personalize to your taste. If you would like to add walnuts, sliced almonds, even a drizzle of honey, you can!



I feel like the only thing we were missing were bananas but I didn't find any ripe ones, or else I would have added 2-3. We love bananas!



And, we are done. We now have a yummy Bionico to follow up the very filling and delicious STOUFFER'S® Lasagna. A perfect way to enjoy a desert that is sweet but not overly rich and full of everyone's favorite fruits.



For a healthier version of this dish I recommend replacing the sweetened condensed milk with greek yogurt and adding honey. It'll be just as delicious but you'll save yourself a lot of calories.



With STOUFFER'S® Party Size Lasagna I know that I can get a dish on the table that my family loves, without having to stress about being in the kitchen for hours. Instead, I open up a box of the lasagna, and during that hour and forty minutes that its cooking, I can prepare dessert, cook another side dish or simply spend it watching a holiday movie with my family.



STOUFFER'S® Party Size Lasagna helps me keep the holiday smiles coming without me having to spend hours and hours cooking. I recommend keeping it in mind for all of your upcoming posadas, family dinners and other holiday events. Find more STOUFFER'S® recipe inspirations HERE to get you through the holiday season and more.