How to Create a Relaxing Me Moment - Sammy Makes Six

How to Create a Relaxing Me Moment

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #InspireYourBold

I'm one of those people who can't start the day without a nice, strong cup of coffee, even during the hot days of summer. But it seems like fall is coming early to my neck of the woods and I could not be happier. Every morning this week it's been cool and crisp and I am completely reveling in the idea that summer might be out the door a few weeks early. The better to enjoy my early morning coffee!

But because I am a true coffee lover who runs on coffee this will not be my only cup of coffee, I usually enjoy at least three during a typical day. My favorite cup to enjoy is the one that I get to drink during the golden hour - once the kids are home from school and everyone is fed and working on their homework. Once everyone is home, I know I can sit down and enjoy not just a delicious cup of 1850™ Brand Coffee, but some "me time" as well. 

My days start pretty early - today I was up by 4:00AM - and tend to be really busy. So it's pretty vital for me to get some time to relax, even if it's just for 30 minutes. If you're a busy mom you're probably wondering where you will get an extra 30 minutes in your day to relax, and I get it, it doesn't happen for me every single day. But when I can grab those 30 minutes for myself, you bet that I will squeeze as much out of that little moment of the day. 


How to Create a Relaxing Me Moment:

I start by always making sure to have 1850 Black Gold Dark Roast Ground Coffee on hand. I always make sure to grab 1-2 bags from Albertsons over the weekend so that I have enough to last me the week. 


Right now is a perfect time to try 1850 Brand Coffee with this $1 off coupon at Albertsons

Inspired by the heritage of The Folger Coffee Company, 1850™ Brand Coffee is an evenly roasted coffee made from 100% Arabica coffee beans, fire-roasted and steel cut for a delicious bold but smooth taste. 1850 Brand coffee's unique blend of ground coffee that delivers bold, yet smooth taste. It is evenly roasted for consistent coffee flavor with less bitterness.

1850™ Brand Coffee comes in four signature blends of Ground and K-Cup coffee and will also be available in 3 Ready to Drink flavors.


For any relaxing moment to be perfect, I have to have a fresh cup of coffee and my preferred method of a enjoying a truly delicious cup is to prepare it in a French Press. It's not as quick as preparing coffee in a traditional machine, but I have always felt that coffee tastes a million times richer and more delicious prepared this way, plus a French Press can come along with me to wherever I happen to be enjoying my cup.

Though there are a few steps, it's actually quite easy to prepare French press coffee:

Rinse of press with warm water and measure out coffee as you set water to boil in a kettle. I use 2 tablespoons of coffee for every 8oz of water but you can play with that ratio according to how strong you want to enjoy your cup. Add coffee to the press and allow to sit while we wait for the water. Once the water has boiled set the kettle aside for about half a minute, you don't want the water to be at full boil when it goes into the press. Now pour water into the press and stir. Place the lid of the French press right on the press with the plunger up, just letting the filter sit right above the water and allow the coffee to brew for four minutes. After four minutes you can slowly press the plunger down on the press. 





You will want to serve the coffee immediately and enjoy any remaining in the press pretty quickly, as it will continue to seep with the grounds. I usually prepare enough for 2 cups, knowing that it won't be sitting in the press longer than 15 minutes. Any remaining coffee I will pour into a cup for enjoying as iced coffee later. 


Now that I have a piping hot French Press filled with 1850 Black Gold Dark Roast Ground Coffee, I add a few books to my tray, my cell phone for playing my favorite music app and off I go to the little table in our garden. And if I'm feeling extra I will add a bottle of polish so I can do my nails too. 

But most of the time I just want to sit there with my feet up, hot coffee in hand, eyes closed and just listening to the sounds of soft music coming from my phone. With so much to do in a day, those are the moments that my mind just aches for as much peace and quiet as possible.



And that is how I create a relaxing moment. Sometimes I won't get a full 30 minutes, other days I have barely begun to drink my coffee when I have to run and most times, the kids are on the table with me as I hold on to my French press for dear life. But the smooth flavor of 1850 Black Gold Dark Roast just makes everything right...